Electrical Power BoardsFact
Poor maintenance and incorrect usage of power boards can result in home and office fires endangering lives and causing considerable damage to property.Statistics show that over 350 residential house fires are started by electrical faults in NSW each year.
Power board safetyProblems with power boards can arise from:
Microwave oven fire safety Fact
Microwave ovens emit radiation that will excite water molecules and if there is no moisture available, other less volatile molecules will absorb the radiation and start to heat. Therefore any material which has dried out can overheat and ignite in a microwave oven. Also, any metal objects inside a microwave can cause severe sparking which could lead to a fire.
Fire & Rescue NSW recommends these simple fire safety tips when using microwave ovens.
Electrical Test And Tag
Halogen Downlights Fact
Over the past five years there have been a significant number of fires in NSW related to halogen down-lights. Halogen down-lights create a lot of heat and if they are not correctly insulated, installed and maintained they can cause a fire. Halogen lights generate very high temperatures which can get anywhere up to 370C.
Halogen down light fire safety